SUKE

Anti-SUKE group chief and media barred from Prolintas dialogue with residents

Date of Release: 
Feb 22 2016

AMPANG, Feb 22 — A Say No To SUKE (SNTS) representative was barred from entering a dialogue session between residents of Kampung Tengah and Projek Lintasan Kota Holdings Berhad (Prolintas) over the construction of the disputed Sungai Besi-Ulu Kelang (SUKE) highway today.

SNTS protem committee chairman Muhammad Agos Abul Hasan Ashari said the meeting was initially open to the public but upon his arrival, a representative from Prolintas informed him that it was only open to residents of Kampung Tengah.

«

Selangor government silence not golden, says anti-highway group

Date of Release: 
Jan 27 2016

In a statement, the group said that it had been more than a week since the SNTS committee attended a meeting with Selangor state exco for Infrastructure Zaidy Abdul Talib to address residents’ concerns about the highway.

The group said that there had been no further correspondence with the Selangor government, official or otherwise, since the meeting.

“No written explanation or justifications were provided on why the project had been approved.

«

Procedures not followed, say DASH opponents

Date of Release: 
Jan 14 2016

The Selangor Town and Country Planning Department (JPBD) has confirmed that no approval was given for the Damansara-Shah Alam Elevated Expressway project.

Say No to DASH (SNTD) group spokesman Michelle Wong said this was announced during a hearing session with the JPBD panel on Tuesday.

“We asked about the status of DASH with regards to the approvals and the officials confirmed that no approval was given by the state government for the DASH highway to proceed with construction,” said Wong.

«

Anti-highway lobby says Selangor denies gave nod for DASH

Date of Release: 
Jan 12 2016

SHAH ALAM, Jan 12 — The Selangor Town and Country Planning Department (JPBD) confirmed with the Say No To DASH (SNTD) group that no approval has been given to the Damansara Shah Alam expressway (DASH) concessionaire.

SNTD representative Michelle Wong added that this was despite a news report quoting the concessionaire as saying that a construction company was pre-qualified for the building of the highway.

“We’ve asked about the status of DASH with regards to the approvals and it’s confirmed that no approval has been given by the Selangor government to proceed.

«

SUKE Expressway illegal, according to assessment reports

Date of Release: 
Dec 5 2015

SNTS chairman Agos Hassan Ashari said after studying the reports, it was clear that SUKE contravened a number of acts and bylaws.

“We received copies of the reports from Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, which were submitted to the agency by the highway concessionaire Projek Lintasan Kota Sdn Bhd (Prolintas), which was applying for a bank loan for the project,” he said.

Agos said it was one of the stipulated requirements of the loan that all affected parties must be consulted and give their consent (for the project).

«

Anti-SUKE group considering legal action

Date of Release: 
Nov 1 2015

MPANG, Nov 1 — The lack of information regarding the Sungai Besi-Ulu Kelang Elevated Expressway (SUKE) has prompted a coalition of concerned citizens to take matters into their own hands.

The Say No to SUKE (SNTS) action group held their first public hearing session for residents and traders hoping to raise awareness on the project.

SNTS protem committee chairman Agos Hasan said the lack of engagement by the relevant authorities on the project have created a void of information in impacted areas.

«
Syndicate content